Recipes for all manner of Indian food

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Few Thoughts before I Embark...

This was long due. I must bow to Sujatha who has shown tremendous patience when it came to me posting on this blog. An idea she gave me, when I had put up a small post on cooking on my blog. Obviously I was excited. So here goes my first post on what is soon going to-be-a- “Yummy” blog!

A little description about my trysts with cooking before I put up the recipes. (Parts of it from my post itself)

The most important thing my mom always told me was enjoy your cooking. Don’t treat it as a burden, remember if not for anyone else you’ll have to cook for yourself, I’m not going to be there to feed you all your life!

True and when I lived on my own for little time, I learnt to do it and not be dependant on outside food. It’s only then that I realized why home food is home food!

I learnt super short-cut methods from my mum (a working woman) as I knew with my kind of work-life I wouldn’t have all the time in the world like my mom-in-law(housewife). I don’t like spending hours in the kitchen, I hate that, it has to be quick, with minimum fuss and the result should be delicious :-)

Follow the golden rule in cooking is what my mum told me and the rule was “KISS”: Keep It Simple Stupid :-)

I used to smirk when mumma used to tell me nothing beats the joy when your loved ones relish your cooking. I realize it only today. As she says cooking and having others savour it is just one of those little joys in life! :-)

I couldn’t agree more with her :-) So hope you all experience that little joy here too:-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried Momos ???
If you have, then you love them and if you’re wondering what they are it’s time to let your taste buds explore the flavour of Tibetan cuisine. Here’s where you can get a taste in Bangalore. They serve as both a snack and as a meal...
Chicken momos with the spicy sauce on the side, tastes even better!
Any one and Every one who likes momos must eat the ones I make and see..
I do cattering for birthday parties, aniversary and all other small occasions..
To order and buy momos contact me at 080-41634153

Raj **
Bangalore - India
Raja2392@yahoo.com..

1:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very useful blogsite ! I hope you can keep the juice flowing. I usually get distracted searching for recipes on the net. It would be nice to have one blogsite that lists common Indian food recipes.

11:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home